MIYAMOTO, Masaaki, Ph.D.
Professor, Division of Biomolecular Organization, Bioinformation
Small GTPases form a large superfamily in which members are highly related in structures. The super family consists of several subfamilies such as Ras, Rho, Rab and Ran GTPases. They act as molecular switches in the regulation of cell division, cell growth, cell morphology, cell migration, membrane trafficking and transport of molecules. We are interested in the role of Rho and Rab GTPases in the regulation of cell growth, morphology and membrane trafficking. We are using the model organisms such as fission yeast and C. elegans in order to analyze the signal transduction pathways mainly by molecular genetics and cellular biology.
Role of small GTPase in the regulation of cell migration, metastasis and membrane traffic
- Nakamura T, Tokushima T, Kawabata K, Yamamoto N, Miyamoto M, Ashida H. (2012)
Absorption and metabolism of 4-hydroxyderricin and xanthoangelol after oral administration of Angelica keiskei (Ashitaba) extract in mice.
Arch. Biochem. Biophys. 521, 71–6.
- Takahata Y, Inoue M, Kim K, Iio Y, Miyamoto M, Masui R, Ishihama Y, Kuramitsu S. (2012)
Close proximity of phosphorylation sites to ligand in the phosphoproteome of the extreme thermophile Thermus thermophilus HB8.
Proteomics 12, 1414–30.
- Iwashita S, Hiramatsu Y, Otani T, Amano C, Hirai M, Oie K, Yuba E, Kono K, Miyamoto M, Igarashi K. (2012)
Polyamidoamine dendron-bearing lipid assemblies: Their morphologies and gene transfection ability.
J. Biomater. Appl. 27, 445-56.
- Nakase M, Tsukamoto Y, Hosomi A, Matsuda T, Miyamoto M, Takegawa K.. (2012)
CUE domain-containing protein Vps901 is required for vacuolar protein transport in Schizosaccharomyces pombe.
Biosci. Biotechnol. Biochem. 76, 652–9.
- Miyamoto M., Iwashita S., Yamaguchi S., Ono Y. (2009)
Role of nm23 in the regulation of cell shape and migration via Rho family GTPase signals.
Mol. Cell Biochem., 329,175-9.
Office: Center for Supports to Research and Education Activities, 1F